Electric Car? Two-Thirds of Drivers Aspire to Have One

A new survey of nearly 2,000 drivers carried out by Tusker, a company that manages a fleet of 20,000 cars awarded the “Car Benefit,” again demonstrated the market’s accelerated transformation towards zero-emission mobility.

Tusker’s vehicle fleet already has 50% electric cars among the company’s new orders in 2020. In just one year, the company’s zero-emission fleet has reached 20% of the total.

The renewal of the fleet responds to a market change that is increasingly consolidated despite the still reluctant gaze of some of the traditional manufacturers, who do not finish stepping on the pedal of the transformation towards new mobility, as the data shows of pure zero-emission car production.

The study data analysis shows curious and vital aspects of demystifying the use and recurrent taboos against the electric car. This survey is refreshing due to the type of data it provides, allowing us to observe the change in the market trend from different perspectives from the traditional ones found in other types of field studies.

The survey shows drivers’ habits, showing that 79% of those surveyed drive less than 150 miles per week. This indicates that a large part of the new cars that have reached the market meet almost 80% of users’ autonomy requirements.

In the economic aspect, while 25% recognize that the electric car is still prohibitive by price being “only for the rich,” the remaining 75% begin to see the 100% electric car as an economically viable option.

A curious and hopeful data comes from the rapid positioning in the collective ideology of public charging points’ locations. Regardless of whether you drive an internal combustion car (ICE) or an electric vehicle (BEV), 36% of respondents who do not yet have a BEV reported being able to indicate three different charging points within their residential area.

Public charging points are beginning to be something every day that people have ended up integrating into the image of their surroundings, either out of curiosity, because of the rarity of technology for many, or because they are, for example, near the main access points in the malls. Drivers have become familiar with the increasingly popular chargers.

For Paul Gilshan, CEO of Tusker, “Research this year shows that drivers better understand how electric cars can fit into their lives even down to the location of their charging points.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *