Bollinger is a small North American startup that has joined the list of those that are about to hit the market. The company´s proposal is a straightforward and versatile electric platform mainly designed to accommodate a family of electric SUVs. The B1 and B2. Different plans that stand out for their square shapes and with little margin for elegance, and which already have a market price. To get one of these units, the interested party will have to pay a total of $125,000.
In exchange, the client will take home a model that is very different in appearance from everything on the market, especially when it comes to electric cars. A proposal that, in the case of the SUV, has contained measures, 4.36 meters long, which in the case of the B2, the pickup, grows remarkably to 5.27 meters long, which allows it to have a considerable loading platform at the rear. The width is the same, with 1.92 meters in both cases, with a distance to the ground of 38 centimeters.
They have a propulsion system consisting of two electric motors (one per axle) that deliver a power of 614 hp and a torque of 906 Nm. Thanks to this, the model can do 0 to 60 miles per hour (0-96.6 km/h) in just 4.5 seconds, its top speed staying at an acceptable 160 km / h.
The company has created a special chassis: the patent-pending Bollinger Motors E-Chassis:
- 120kWh battery pack
- 180kWh battery pack optional
- All-wheel drive
- All-terrain capabilities
- Dual motor
- Portal gear hubs
- 5000-lb. payload
- Ultra-low center of gravity
- Easily adjustable to fit various wheelbases
- Hydraulic anti-lock power brakes (ABS)
- Electronic traction control
- Electronic stability control
- Hydraulic power steering
- Hydro-pneumatic self-leveling suspension
- Independent front and rear suspension
- 5-15kw on-board charger/inverter
- Complete power system controls, configurable to given vehicle application
- Integrated thermal management system
- Meets Class 3 regulations